Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Trip to Vermont, Number Five!

Last weekend, we took another trip to one of our favorite places to visit, the “’cation house” (coined by Theo) in Vermont. My Uncle Howard’s boss owns this huge, beautiful house near Stowe, and he is really awesome to let Howard use it a few times a year (and Uncle Howard is really awesome to take us along—and especially, to let my parents bring me and Ivy!) On this trip, I was the only person under twenty-eight, so I got lots of love and attention from all the adults. We had a fancy dinner at the Von Trapp Family Lodge (Howard and my Mom inevitably performed a medley from “Sound of Music;” they’re all about the showtunes) and I was so well-behaved. Both the pianist and harpist played lullabies for me when I stopped by to listen. Mom took lots of pictures of course. She dressed me up as a purple fairy because she loved the lush green ferns at the edge of the property. She also took photos of Rik and Dee (whose wedding she is going to photograph in the Dominican Republic in January)and Uncle Howard. The adults had a ton of fun on the trip, and stayed up until almost 4 a.m. both nights (I disapproved, but was too sleepy to object). Thanks for another fun weekend up north, Uncle Howard!








1 comment:

simoneshin said...

viola and her dad? two peas in a pod! they look so much a like!